Top family friendly activities on 30A for 2019
The 30A Beaches
Let’s start with the obvious, go to the beach. 30A boasts X miles of beautiful beaches and countless ways to access them. Check out the list of public accesses here.
Bike Across 30A During Your Vacation
- Take your bikes to the beach instead of driving. It will force you to pack light (this is a good thing). It will also cut back on the stress of looking for a parking spot.
- Bike to dinner or to an evening concert. Seacrest, Seaside, Rosemary, ALYS, Gulf Place, The HUB etc… all have almost nightly entertainment! Take a bike ride when the weather cools down a touch.
- Do a long bike ride! Stop at the different communities along 30A and make a day of it. If your interested send us a message and we will help you think through an itinerary.
The Best Fishing Activities on 30A
If you like to fish at all… don’t miss this opportunity.
- Bay Fishing - Jump in with a local guide and get into some big trout and reds in the flats or elsewhere in the bay
- Beach Fishing - Leave from Grayton Beach… that’s right, the boats launch right from the sand. In the summer, you can also line up a Tarpon trip.
- Offshore fishing - The closest big boat marinas are in Destin and Panama City (a short drive from 30A beaches). Take the whole crew on a short ride to experience some of the best sport fishing, snapper fishing, etc..
Stand Up Paddle Boarding - No place like 30A beaches
- Rent boards and go to the beach as early as you possibly can, when the winds are still light. Paddle to one of the artificial reefs and enjoy the show!
- Three words - Coastal Dune Lakes. These are a treasure on 30A, enjoy the peaceful water and beautiful scenery. Contact us if you would feel more comfortable with a tour guide.
Eating out at 30A Restaurants
There certainly isn’t a shortage of restaurants on 30A, so our advice… try something new! We have too many delicious and unique options to only stick to your regular spots. Try something sweet, like the Doughnut Hole. Point somewhere on the map and find a happy hour overlooking the water. Whatever you do, don’t miss out on the eats and drinks along 30A during your vacation.
Eating In at Your Beach Rental
Many vacation rental homes on 30A come with amazing kitchens. Some nights there is nothing better than settling in at home and nursing each other’s sunburns.
Shipt, Publix and Whole Food offer grocery delivery options.
OR… Pizza by the Sea, Brunos Pizza, Fat Daddy's Pizza offer classic takeout and delivery options.
State Park Adventures on 30A
Possibly the most under-utilized slice of paradise on 30A.
- Point Washington State Forest
- Grayton Beach State Park
- Eden Gardens State Park
- Deer Lake State Park
- Topsail Hill State Park
The 30A area is surrounded by over 20,000 acres of state park and forest. Bike, drive, walk, jog through one of the many trails.
Tour the beach towns on 30A
If you always go to the same place on 30A… you know who you are… or it’s your first time visiting —> Get out there!
At least drive through the different communities so you can see what each place has to offer and just how unique they are.
There is an endless list of family fun things to do on your 30A beach vacation. If you have any questions about maximizing your time at the beach, reach out. The experts at Rent30A.com are here to help!